Swipe through ⬅️ this thread to learn about father wounds + how to heal them
#Repost @yourheartalchemist ✨
How to heal your FATHER WOUND?
The effect of a father wound is low self-esteem, deep emotional pain and a performance orientation that makes us "doers" rather than "beings." We may work ourselves into the ground in the pursuit of perfection and never quite feel enough.
When we hold a conception of our birth father as angry, violent, uncaring, indifferent, distant/withdrawn, absent/abandoning, alcoholic, condemning and/or critical, we tend to believe the following words about ourselves:
I am unworthy
I am stupid
I am incompetent
I am unloved or unlovable
But the good news is that this too can be healed through our own awareness, choice, and willingness to face that deep inner pain. And when we finally stop running and give ourselves the permission to acknowledge what hurt us in the past, that pain goes from our hearts. Sometimes we have to repeat it a few times until our hearts fully open and release the last drops of pain.
And sometimes we go in circles deeper, exploring all of the different layers of that wounding in order to break through the walls and get to the root of it. There is one thing that will help you tremendously in your healing journey: SELF-COMPASSION.
So, how to we heal the father wound step by step?
The deepest wounds take the longest to heal, but healing has to begin somewhere.
1. ACCEPT what happened without judgment.
2. FORGIVE yourself and your father and see it as an experience that made you stronger and wiser.
3. RELEASE your pain, grief, resentment, shame and other emotions that keep you stuck in the past.
4. REWIRE your beliefs that you are worthy, lovable, enough, capable, competent and powerful in your authentic ways.
5. Be conscious of your learned behaviours to reject (out of fear) before you are rejected.
6. Practice OPENING your heart and feelings SAFE to give and receive love.
7. Do not repeat/project the pain your father caused you. Stop the circle of pain with you.
8. Prime yourself daily to operate from your heart, to trust, to love, to give, to receive, to feel safe and deserving of the best ❤